Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Travel = Fun

What an inventive yet true title for this post. Since Wednesday, I've been on the road with Amanda & Devon before we head to Florence this coming Thursday! We've been to London & Barcelona, and just landed in Dublin this afternoon. We've been so busy I don't even have the energy to recount everything we've done or seen (especially since it's after midnight Ireland time), so here are a few highlights:


The London Eye! Our first night in London, we went up in the London Eye (a sort of ferris-wheel with bubble-like capsules on the Thames) in the rain; the skyline was BEAUTIFUL, and although there are no non-blurry pictures of it, here's a picture of my equally beautiful travelling companions pointing to Big Ben.

The guards at Buckingham Palace have a band. They played Zoot Suit Riot. It was great.

In Barcelona, Jenna & her friend Lauren took me to an outdoor market they'd discovered. In order to spare you the pictures I took of unnamable seafoods and calves' heads, here's a picture of some yummy-looking olives.

La Sagrada Familia, a cathedral designed by Gaudi and still under construction, is both one of the coolest and one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

The fountain near the Palau Nacional in Barcelona is lit up for a show every weekend night. We were wayyy more transfixed than perhaps we should've been. :)

5 out of the 7 Stanford kids we toured with in Barcelona: Devon, Leah, Amanda, Jenna, & me (the other two had already left for Germany). We later ran into yet more Stanford kids at the hostel, in Barcelona for a week on their way to Paris!

Whew, am I exhausted, and incoherent. More to come after Dublin & Milan!

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Great! Thanks for posting all those photos. :) (The olives were my favorite; do they have ones stuffed with lemon?)
JVQ

Anonymous said...

Hey Val,
Looks like you're having an amazing time....good for you!!!
It was great to look at the photos...keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog! Brings back all sorts of memories. Barcelona was one of my favorite places. Any plans on going to Normandy (coastal France)? Another of my favorite places. Have a wonderful time! (and no white sneakers. Dead giveaway as an American) :-) (at least back in 1992... sigh...)--Andrea